Hi folks,

I was so delighted to see that the shipping (iso) version RC3 didn't crash immediately in ACPI thermal on my i845 based laptop! (I reported this after installing RC1 in December and it reoccured with RC2.)

The problem comes back though if I compile a kernel myself after CVSUP'ing yesterday morning 2003-01-15 10.00 UTC. My configuration file is essentially GENERIC, make.conf is vanilla. Barring wiping out the machine with a clean install, (my installation was an upgrade), are there any suggestions about where I might look for critical differences that cause my compiles to generate faulty kernels/modules? (I've been following the procedure outlined for upgrading in /usr/src/Makefile .)

Thanks,

Paul