On Sun, 26 Jan 2003, David O'Brien wrote:

> On Sun, Jan 26, 2003 at 04:05:31PM -0800, Julian Elischer wrote:
> >
> > or simply check out the newer sources.
>
> Looking at the commit you made, it doesn't seem to address the other
> issues of the commit this thread is trying to avoid.
>
> I guess you're not going to honor mine and others request for a full
> backout of the commit pending farther review and testing?

firstly, I have seen no requests for backout (and even if I had, it
wouldn't concern me because it wasn't my commit in the first place), and
secondly, I have seen no tinderbox failures (becasue I don't seem to be
getting the mails these days) so my commit was purely from code
inspection. I have seen no firsthand complaints of problems and have
only responded to look for problems because I heard via robert that
there were rumours of failures on secontary architecures.

If anyone has a real problem they might make it easier by emailing me
with them so I have a clue what is going on.

As for the testing, the code in question is 99.5% in KSE specific code
and THAT has been tested pretty thoroughly. A backout is David's
decision but My personal thought is that it would be a retrograde move.

What we need is to see the problems. I haven't seen a single firsthand
report of any problem yet. I think the mail system at FreeBSD.org
may have had a flaky morning..
How about sending me a mail saying what the problem is and then we might
be making some forward progress..