On Tue, Feb 04, 2003 at 11:46:06AM -0500, Alexander Kabaev wrote:
> > There's still one issue to be resolved for "i386 on alpha"
> > cross-releases: btxld(8) produces a binary image different
> > from when it's run natively
>
> This might be related to the failure I've seen trying to cross-compile
> i386 world on sparc64. btxldr dies with 'short read' error there.

btxldr and btxld are different beasties, the latter is the linker.

> > Alexander, please commit your patch for gas(1).  It works!
> > It was very kind of you to develop it, and it was done
> > incredibly fast.  Thanks a lot!
>
> Not going to happen until binutils people approve it. I am not sure
> if the behavior I fixed was not designed  to be that way.

Can you please start working with David on this one?

Cheers,
--
Ruslan Ermilov          Sysadmin and DBA,
[EMAIL PROTECTED]           Sunbay Software AG,

http://www.FreeBSD.org  The Power To Serve
http://www.oracle.com   Enabling The Information Age