Terry Lambert wrote:
> We need to know how we think it's supposed to work, not how you
> think it's supposed to work to determine if the error is in the
> code OR in the fact some old bug was fixed going from 4.7->5.0,
> and the fix is biting you, OR it's a real bug.

For anyone who cares:

Additional information was provided off-list.  The problem was
indeed that "setuid(geteuid());" was missing from the program.

Apparently, there was a bug fixed in 4.7 -> 5.0, where the
effective UID was being tested instead of the real UID.

This is probably something that someone should MFC.

-- Terry