* De: "Andrey A. Chernov" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> [ Data: 2003-02-07 ]
        [ Subjecte: Re: Wrong date for DEVFS entries ]
> On Sat, Feb 08, 2003 at 00:16:24 +0100, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> >
> > Can we stop considering workarounds, and instead work on solving
> > the problem please ?
>
> I see no solving way until kernel will understand fully and can handle
> timezone database format.  It means timezone code should be integrated
> into kernel. And for which reason? Only to heal DEVFS timestamps? Mount
> workaround looks more light-weighted.

The contents of /dev/ really don't need audited, in a devfs world, like they
might be in a non-devfs one.  For example hiding rootkits in /dev/wd0./foo
or /dev/somedev0/ or whatever isn't really quite the issue it may have ever
been.  People who read too much into the contents of a devfs /dev should not
be too surprised if the results are dodgy.  What with cloning and all.
--
Juli Mallett <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
AIM: BSDFlata -- IRC: juli on EFnet