On Sat, Feb 08, 2003 at 05:23:01PM -0800, Terry Lambert wrote:
> The compiler
> didn't complain when he checked it before committing it because
> optimization was off by default; it should have complained, e.g.:
Is that really what you meant?  I don't believe it has anything to
do with optimization; rather, it is to do with lack of `warning'
flags.  For example, if you build libc with WARNS=5 (so as to get the
`-Wuninitialized' flag), then you get this warning.

>     "x.c:9:warning: `foo' might be used uninitialized in this function"

Cheers,
--
Jacques A. Vidrine <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>          http://www.celabo.org/
NTT/Verio SME          .     FreeBSD UNIX     .       Heimdal Kerberos