Craig Boston wrote:
FWIW, this looks nearly identical to the panic I reported last night in
the thread "VFS panic (possibly NFS locking related?)".
I missed your message, just read it: yes, that sounds similar.

 I didn't manage
to catch the ddb trace and had to work postmortem with a crash dump and
gdb.  But it looked just like here.

Lars: Do you by any chance have your home directory on an NFS mount?
Yes, I do.

I think the reason that my gdb trace showed "??" instead of nfs_dolock
is that I have nfsclient loaded as a module...
Mine's loaded as a module, too.

Lars
--
Lars Eggert <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>           USC Information Sciences Institute