Jan Stocker wrote:

Before blaming me, i know it is not supported for 5.x or -current, but i
think some of us have that stuff already running on -current.

I've been in hospital for many weeks and now i updated my system (late
November) to the currents current. After adding the missing include, i
successfully compiled the nvidia driver but loading the kernel module
leads to:

Feb 24 08:17:08 Twoflower kernel: link_elf: symbol rman_get_start
undefined...

IIRC I had this same problem when I tried the new scheduler (SCHED_ULE) because (for some reason I don't understand) the linux.ko kernel module was not built when I compiled my kernel.

When I went back to the old scheduler (SCHED_4BSD) the linux.ko module
reappeared and all worked again -- except that you'll get a 'page fault
while in kernel mode' when you shut down the X server.

I didn't try actually compiling linux into the kernel with the new
scheduler -- you might try that first if you want to run the new
scheduler

My system has never seen the ULE scheduler, so there must be another
thing...

I didn't mean to imply that the scheduler itself caused the problem, just that the linux kernel module was missing for some reason and that was really the problem. Are you sure the linux module is there and is loaded before the nvidia kernel module? The link_elf error message suggests that maybe linux is not really there.