Date: Thu, 27 Feb 2003 21:17:13 -0800
        From: Marcel Moolenaar <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
        To: Nate Lawson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
        Cc: [EMAIL PROTECTED], [EMAIL PROTECTED], [EMAIL PROTECTED]
        Subject: Re: 64 bit endian routines

        On Thu, Feb 27, 2003 at 08:45:44PM -0800, Nate Lawson wrote:
        > Both scsi and geom implement unaligned access functions
        that perform byte > ordering.  I never intended to supplant
        them with __bswap*().  What I want > is for machine/endian.h
        to have functions that provide 16-64 bit endian > conversions
        in both aligned and unaligned access forms.  After these
        functions > are there, I'd like us to unify use of them and
        remove driver-private > versions.  > > Is this more clear
        now?

        Crystal :-)

        --
         Marcel Moolenaar         USPA: A-39004          [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Heh, I hope I didn't sound too forceful.  It was just a straightforward
question, not a diatribe.  :)

-Nate