Juli Mallett wrote:
* De: Jens Rehsack <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> [ Data: 2003-03-01 ]
        [ Subjecte: Re: PATCH: type errors in src-tree ]

Sorry for resending (3rd time), but I've found a small typo in the patch of sbin/atm/ilmid/ilmid.c

-       u_char  **bufp;
-       Objid   *objid;
+       caddr_t         *bufp;
+       Objid           *objid;

I understand (and think "good catch") on a number of other things, and
bogus type-width assumptions being caught, etc.  But this?  caddr_t
considered useless.  Maybe you could clarify why you made the changes
to use caddr_t?

Of course. Very often in ilmid.c the type caddr_t was used, and nearly the same count of 'const char *'s was used. I've searched the include files for caddr_t (core address) and found it defined as 'char *', so I decided to used commonly caddr_t - maybe later I check which of them could be changed into 'c_caddr_t' for being const. But You can of couse replace all 'caddr_t' which 'char *'.

Thanx,
juli.

Jens

To Unsubscribe: send mail to [EMAIL PROTECTED] with "unsubscribe freebsd-current" in the body of the message