In message <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, Conrad Sabatier writes:
>I've noticed that bash's process substitution fails under -CURRENT.
>
>For (an admittedly stupid, trivial) example:
>
>diff <(cat file1) <(cat file2)
>
>errors out with:
>
>diff: /dev/fd/63: No such file or directory
>diff: /dev/fd/62: No such file or directory
>
>Apparently, the nodes for the named pipes are not being created as they should.
>
>Is this a bash problem, or something in devfs not working as expected?

That's a good question...

Has anybody found out what the standards conformant thing is for /dev/fd ?

presently we do only 0,1 & 2, with the std{in,out,err} symlinks.

If we are required to do all filedescriptors, we should do so with
fdescfs by default.

[EMAIL PROTECTED]         | TCP/IP since RFC 956