David O'Brien wrote:
On Wed, Mar 12, 2003 at 10:32:02PM +0200, Ruslan Ermilov wrote:

On Wed, Mar 12, 2003 at 02:14:25PM -0500, Andrew Gallatin wrote:

I need to install current on a new box that just arrived. What's the latest working snapshot?

20030312-JPSNAP get about 40% of the way through the base install and
sysinstall complains about a bad realloc, and lets me hit a key to
reboot ;-(

You're just lucky. Mine just panics.

I wonder how long this has been happening -- 12-Feb-2003 also panics for
me.

Commits shortly after 3/10 are causing weirdness.

Looks like this has been happening (at least for me) after 3/10. Last night, I came home from work, touched my keyboard, and it panic'd. I thought it was strange, the machine was on all day and I was logging in and out at various times from work.

After a few reboots, I noticed that it wasn't panicking in the same place. Sometimes before mounting. Sometimes while running init. Sometimes while starting sendmail. Sometimes not at all. Once, I thought it was up, but with the console was hosed, so I tried to telnet in from my wife's system. That succeeded, caused it to panic, and the message was:

remaking ttyp0

don't do that
panic...

I have seen disappearing devices like /dev/null and stderr missing at boot time or just going away while the system is up.