Hi,

On an SMP system I cvsup-ped to the latest kernel source, made the new kernel (the usual config, make depend, make, make modules, make install) and after I rebooted I tried make buildworld. On most systems I upgraded this worked just fine, except for the single SMP system I have: it seems that mkioctls takes ages, however the same command runs within the minute on another (with weaker CPU) system. I don't monitor the building process closely (so I don't know if the system really ran out of space), but I get the following error:

===> usr.bin/kdump
sh /vol4/src/usr.bin/kdump/mkioctls /usr/obj/vol4/src/i386/usr/include > ioctl.c
/vol4/src/usr.bin/kdump/mkioctls: Out of space
*** Error code 2

I can hack around this, and copy an ioctl.c from another system, but I guess that's not the way to go ;-)

Is this a known problem?

Paul

P.S. I rebooted my machine between the make install of the kernel and the make buildworld - is that necessary? It would be nicer if the system rebooted just once with the new install... I don't know how the buildworld process depends on the kernel installed...