Daniel C. Sobral wrote:
Maxime Henrion wrote:

Hi all,

I was finally able to reproduce the problems people have been reporting. That is, the fxp(4) card works but there are many odd "unknown: DMA timeout" and "unknown: device timeout" messages. This was due to a bug in fxp(4) which was harmless unless you used DEVICE_POLLING. These problems go away when using the 1.156 revision of if_fxp.c.

Please note that other people have been reporting different symptoms, ie
the card sees no traffic at all.  I'm not sure the latest sources fix
these cases too, but I'm fairly confident they do, because one person who
has been reporting me such symptoms was using DEVICE_POLLING too.

Mmmmmm. Now that I think of it, I am too. On this particular machine. I had forgotten I had configured DEVICE_POLLING in this host alone... :-( Sorry about that. Could have speeded up things some. <sigh>

I'm trying a new kernel now.

Ok, this fixes it for me.

--
Daniel C. Sobral                        (8-DCS)
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Spellng is overated anywy.