In message: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
            [EMAIL PROTECTED] (Torsten Kötting) writes:
: Its a Cisco Aironet 350. The driver does find the card but when I activate
: its interface an0 I get a timeout message, the cpu-load jumps to 100% and I
: need to reset the laptop.

These are classic interrupt storm symptoms.  For some reason, we're
not routing a proper interrupt, or the an driver is failing to fully
service the interrupt in hardware, causing it to interrupt again.

: After checking several mailarchives and trying
: older firmwares for the MPI350 without having any success I thought I give
: up on the MPI350 and buy an Orinoco wlan card, again MiniPCI. I was sure I
: have solved my probs now but I was wrong. Exactly the same problem appears
: now with the Orinoco Card. The Driver finds it, after activating the wi0
: interface the system crashes.

What was the crash?  I've has issues with my minipci orinoco card that
I've not been able to fully nail down.

Warner