On Sunday, June 29, 2003, at 1:44PM, Jeffrey Hsu wrote:

file IO using <fstream> gives error messages about implicit typenames
being deprecated, and I can't for the life of me figure out what to do
my code to make the compiler happy

Change your /usr/include/g++/fstream as follows:

Can someone commit this change so we don't all have to do this every time
we rebuild? :) I think there might be other offending headers too.

Dave

--- /usr/include/g++/fstream Sun Jun 29 09:17:46 2003 +++ fstream Sun Jun 29 11:33:38 2003 @@ -299,12 +299,12 @@

   // Generic definitions.
   template <typename _CharT, typename _Traits>
-    basic_filebuf<_CharT, _Traits>::int_type
+    typename basic_filebuf<_CharT, _Traits>::int_type
     basic_filebuf<_CharT, _Traits>::underflow()
     { return _M_underflow_common(false); }

   template <typename _CharT, typename _Traits>
-    basic_filebuf<_CharT, _Traits>::int_type
+    typename basic_filebuf<_CharT, _Traits>::int_type
     basic_filebuf<_CharT, _Traits>::uflow()
     { return _M_underflow_common(true); }