Alastair G. Hogge wrote:
On Monday, 01 September 2003 02:24, Steve Kargl wrote:

On Sun, Aug 31, 2003 at 07:52:15PM +1000, Alastair G. Hogge wrote:

Hello list,

For the past couple of weeks I've been tyring to keep my system up to
date with cvsup. However, when ever I run a buildworld I get problems
with gcc (I think it's gcc). I've tried nuking /usr/obj and running "make
clean" many tims before each build but this doesn't help. What I've
noticed is that the seg fault doesn't occur in the same place.

There isn't enough context in the error messages you reported. Are you using the -j option during your buildworld?

No. just plain old "make buildworld" i did also try -j3

However, your last sentence in the above quoted paragraph,
suggests that you have bad memory or a heating problem or a
suspect power supply.

Ahhh. I don't like the sound of that.

Is there something else I'm leaving out. I really hope it isn't memory I sold my thumbs to get 512megs of Corsair XSM :-(

Download memtest86 and let it run for a couple of hours. If you see any errors at all, try and get that memory replaced under warranty.

--
Bill Moran
Potential Technologies