On Sep 1, 2003, at 2:47 PM, Scott M. Likens wrote:

I have a question related to FreeBSD Serial console,

I am aware you can use -Dh for both internal and serial, but is it
possible to see the 'kernel' "boot" messages sent on both the serial and
the console?

If your BIOS supports serial port redirection you can do GRUB over serial :)

I used to. I don't know that FreeBSD can run its serial driver before its kernel that loads
the driver is loaded. [got that? I didn't :)]

Of course the boot loader could always support it right?

It was a question that was asked to me by a client, and after researching it more, it seems that it's not possible.

Am i wrong? or did I miss an option that's not documented?

Sincerely,

Scott M. Likens