Thus spake Nate Lawson ([EMAIL PROTECTED]) [13/09/03 14:42]:
> The post you reference shows the user with a kernel that has both APM and
> ACPI installed, apparently.  This is not valid.
>
> Please report your kernel config.  If GENERIC in 2003/9/6 booted fine with
> ACPI and then your rebuilt kernel from 2003/9/7 fails, it is almost
> certainly the devices you included.  There were no ACPI-related commits in
> that timeframe.

It's attached.  There's no APM in there.  I did some more testing -- GENERIC
works for the -CURRENT date I stated before, and 5.1-R.  As soon as I
compile my own kernel, it breaks.

I'm working on compiling this with debugging, so I can take a closer look at
what's going on.
ident           pandora
machine         i386
cpu             I686_CPU
maxusers        0

options         INCLUDE_CONFIG_FILE
#options        CPU_WT_ALLOC
options         MAXMEM=(512*1024)
options         DEVICE_POLLING
options         HZ=1000

device          isa
device          pci
device          agp
device          speaker
device          random
device          pty
device          md
device          npx

device          sio
options         CONSPEED=115200

options         GEOM_BDE
options         GEOM_BSD
options         GEOM_VOL

options         SCHED_4BSD

options         COMPAT_43
options         COMPAT_FREEBSD4

options         SYSVSHM
options         SYSVSEM
options         SYSVMSG

options         INET
options         INET6
options         IPSEC
options         IPSEC_ESP

device          ether
device          loop
device          bpf
device          disc

device          gif
device          faith
device          stf

options         IPFILTER
options         IPFILTER_LOG
options         IPFILTER_DEFAULT_BLOCK
options         PFIL_HOOKS

options         RANDOM_IP_ID
options         ACCEPT_FILTER_DATA
options         ACCEPT_FILTER_HTTP
options         TCP_DROP_SYNFIN

options         FFS
options         NFSCLIENT
options         NFSSERVER

options         PROCFS
options         PSEUDOFS
options         SOFTUPDATES
options         UFS_DIRHASH
options         UFS_EXTATTR
options         UFS_EXTATTR_AUTOSTART
options         UFS_ACL

options         _KPOSIX_PRIORITY_SCHEDULING
options         P1003_1B_SEMAPHORES

#options        MAC
#options        MAC_BSDEXTENDED
#options        MAC_SEEOTHERUIDS

# These are worth looking into, but require configuration
#options        MAC_BIBA
#options        MAC_LOMAC
#options        MAC_MLS

# These two are also worth looking at, and take less configuration
#options        MAC_PARTITION
#options        MAC_PORTACL

device          atkbdc
device          atkbd
options         KBD_INSTALL_CDEV

device          vga
options         VGA_ALT_SEQACCESS
device          splash
device          sc
#device         daemon_saver
#device         fade_saver
device          fire_saver
#device         green_saver
#device         logo_saver
#device         rain_saver
#device         star_saver
#device         warp_saver

device          ata
device          atadisk

device          miibus
device          fxp

device          smbus
device          ichsmb
device          smb
device          iicbus
device          iicbb
device          iicsmb

#device         crypto          # core crypto support
#device         cryptodev       # /dev/crypto for access to h/w
#
#device         rndtest         # FIPS 140-2 entropy tester
#
#device         hifn            # Hifn 7951, 7781, etc.
#options                HIFN_DEBUG      # enable debugging support: hw.hifn.debug
#options                HIFN_RNDTEST    # enable rndtest support
#
#device         ubsec           # Broadcom 5501, 5601, 58xx
#options                UBSEC_DEBUG     # enable debugging support: hw.ubsec.debug
#options                UBSEC_RNDTEST   # enable rndtest support