On Sep 19, 2003, at 5:45 AM, Terry Lambert wrote:

David Leimbach wrote:
Hey... just looking to see what option I need to enable to get HFS+
support...

I am going to try experimenting with building a ppc cross-build
environment and
try to install FreeBSD on my iPod and boot from it :)

(1) iPod's default to MSDOSFS for compatability with PC's.

(2) iPod's do not have a PPC, they have two ARM chips.

There's a Linux that runs on iPod's that you might want to look at,
if you are truly interested in doing a port of FreeBSD, but it
would be an ARM port.

You've misunderstood me. I want to build FreeBSD-PPC and install it on an iPod
[filesystem wise] then use the iPod to boot my Mac. It doesn't really matter to me what
CPU is in the iPod... just that its a handy firewire disk.

-- Terry