Harald Schmalzbauer wrote:

Oh I see. Thats a reason. If I only knew about that freeze before my "pkg_delete -a".... but that's just my problem

Thanks,

-Harry

I unfortunatly did the same thing. I wanted to upgrade to gnome 2.4 and seeing as this box really doesn't have any ports installed other than X and gnome I just ran pkg_deinstall -Ofa and started from scratch installing x11/XFree86-4 and x11/gnome2. Then realised that that may have been a bad thing when devel/pwlib failed to compile with -pthread issues.

Normally I am quite patient and will spend time fixing stuff, I knew how to change -pthread into ${PTHREAD_LIBS} etc but being in a 80x25 text console at the time with no working window manager I took the easy route out and cvsup'd to before the pthread commits instead. Installed gnome2 which went no problems.

I will now just wait till after the 4.9 port freeze is over before going back to the current -current level.

It's the first time I've been "bitten" as such by running -current on my desktop, but hey. That's what running -current is all about :)

Keep up the good work, I look forward to 5.2!

Matt.