On Mon, 22 Sep 2003, Bruce Mackay wrote:

> > Most BIOSen with PnP support have an option to clear the device config and
> > force a PCI/PnP resource reconfiguration on next boot.
> >
> <snip>
>
>       Laugh, it's actually a toshiba POS.  I wish I had realised that
> the BIOS was so feeble.  One of the reasons I'm checking out FreeBSD is
> so that I can tinker with different stuff.  Oh well...

Tinkering with BIOS options isn't a feature of most operating systems :)

>       Is this something that FreeBSD team has considered or is
> considering supporting PnP enforced BIOSes systems? Or am I SOL?

There is a PNPBIOS kernel option in -stable you might try, but no
guarantees.  I wonder if Toshiba has a program floating around to toggle
the PnP bit anyway since it would preclude anything but Windows from
running on the machine.

[EMAIL PROTECTED]          |  www.FreeBSD.org