Gabriel,

Interesting, since no one's made any PATA drives that spin at
10,000 RPM as far as I know.  For some reason I thought the
interface change allowed for this (but couldn't come up with a
good reason why it would make a difference).  :)

SS> Hmm, PR? pricing? I guess its easier to make people shell out $$
SS> for a pretty expensive 36G drive if you add SATA to the mix of features :)

Actually, that drive is more like a SCSI drive with SATA connectors.
FWIW, it's still cheaper than a SCSI drive with the same specs and it
got 5 years warranty so I hope it is actually built better than the
desktop crap we see dying like the flies here (hint: massive airstream
over the disks helps a lot, cooler disks live much longer, so if you
can accept the noise, get some badass 12CM fan to cool them ;-).

I feel less betrayed now.

Regards,
Gabriel