Martin wrote:
On Wed, 2003-10-01 at 08:24, Lars Eggert wrote:

Your change below makes mplayer work here again, too. Did you ever
submit it for inclusion in the ports tree?

Why? I noticed I have this problem, too, but I just added:

link acd0 rdvd

As a further rule in devfs.conf. It works fine. No need to
patch the port, in my opinion.

Because it's a bug in mplayer, and should be fixed there. Mplayer should not second-guess the user and blindly insert an "r" into a perfectly valid device name (/dev/acd0 -> /dev/racd0.)

Also, fixing the port fixes it for everybody, while this change needs to be made by everyone manually. (Unless you propose adding this to the default devfs rules.)

Lars
--
Lars Eggert <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>           USC Information Sciences Institute