Simon Barner wrote:

FWIW, the mplayer port also cannot play CDDA anymore on current. It probably needs a similar patch.

This works for me with a patched version of cdparanoia, which makes
sense, since mplayer is linked against libcdda_paranoia.so.0.

You can get the patch here:
http://home.leo.org/~barner/freebsd/cdparanoia-pread.patch

Great. I had not tracked the issue closely enough to find the dependency on cdparanoia. Everything will be fine then once that patch is in the ports tree.

Lars
--
Lars Eggert <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>           USC Information Sciences Institute