Kris Kennaway wrote

You get that error from what command(s)?  Have you tried with 5.2,
which has a new ATA driver?

Kris

I usually "discover" that I am having data corruption when trying to update ports. A file that has a "Bad File Descriptor" refuses to let cvsup overwrite and/or remove itself. I've also had "make installworld" fail on me for the very same reason. A file in the base system would get corrupted and would prevent anything from overwriting itself. These problems would go away after a full system fsck, but the fsck would remove the damaged files completely, sometimes leaving the system in a severely broken state. And even if it did not, data corruption would happen again in 8-12 days.

Sincerely,
Dan Naumov