On 2 Apr 2010, at 23:07, Doug Barton <do...@freebsd.org> wrote:

Therefore I think that the status quo of having it all in there, and
knobs to turn off the bits you don't want is a good one since it seems
to please the majority of our users. I will continue to maintain the
bind-tools port though, that's something that's been requested often,
and I think it's a good thing to have for those who want a different DNS
solution but still want access to those tools in a fairly painless
manner. And of course the ability to easily change/upgrade/manage what
version of BIND you use via the ports will continue to be a key
component of how we deal with this going forward.

Of course, the release synchronization problems I described in both the
original post and the AFD post are real, so stay tuned. :)

Some about BIND and XML support via port. As I know, world is enough to build everything in it, but support build something in world, which depends on some port is not good idea. Yes, it useful option, but I think it should be in port(which has much more flexibility), not in world.

hth,

Doug

- --

           -- Propellerheads