On Tue, 20 Apr 2010, Patrick Tracanelli wrote:

Jeff Roberson escreveu:
Hi Folks,

You may have seen my other Soft-updates journaling (SUJ) announcements.
If not, it is a journaling system that works cooperatively with
soft-updates to eliminate the full background filesystem check after an
unclean shutdown.  SUJ may be enabled with tunefs -j enable and disabled
with tunefs -j disable on an unmounted filesystem.  It is backwards
compatible with soft-updates with no journal.

I'm going to do another round of tests and buildworld this afternoon to
verify the diff and then I'm committing to head.  This is a very large
feature and fundamentally changes softupdates.  Although it has been
extensively tested by many there may be unforseen problems.  If you run
into an issue that you think may be suj please email me directly as well
as posting on current as I sometimes miss list email and this will
ensure the quickest response.

Hello Jeff, McKusick and others envolved.

Is an MFC technically possible? If so, are there plans to do so?

I do have an 8 backport branch available although it is a little stale. I intend to keep it somewhat up to date. I think it will take some time before we have sufficient experience with SUJ in head before we want to put it back in 8. It is quite a complex and disruptive feature.

Thanks,
Jeff

Thank you.

--