Mario Marietto <marietto2...@gmail.com> writes:

> Hello Jan.
>
> I'm trying to install KDE Plasma 6 with Wayland on a fresh vm based on
> FreeBSD 14.1,following your instructions,but some point is not clear for
> me. When you say :

You can stop here. FreeBSD has no KMS/DRM drivers for virtual GPUs.
drm-kmod no longer provides vmwgfx.ko. Wayland can still be used
if GPU is passed through (making it unavailable on the host OS)
or nested within Xorg session (using its BIOS/UEFI drivers[1]).

[1] BIOS/UEFI drivers for KMS hasn't been ported yet, see
    https://github.com/freebsd/drm-kmod/issues/269
    Such drivers lack hardware acceleration thus not a substitute for
    the missing vmwgfx.ko or DRM-based vboxvideo, virtgpu.

> 1) Should I make the installation of plasma5-kwin from ports even if I want
> to install KDE Plasma 6 ?
> 2) How should I apply the patches ? Can you tell me if the procedure that I
> want to follow is correct ?

Please, contact kde@ team for help with Plasma. I neither maintain nor
use Plasma thus trying to help will lead to a burnout.