https://bugs.freebsd.org/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=296190

--- Comment #4 from Evgenii Khramtsov <[email protected]> ---
(In reply to Gleb Popov from comment #3)

> I believe the chance for ABI breakage is ~0

ChannelPerceptualHash from <MagickCore/statistic.h> is at least included
transitively and is visible to consumers from #include
<MagickWand/MagickWand.h>. I used sizeof() on ChannelPerceptualHash to compare
the size of struct when built against .24 and .25, and it seems to be the same
696 on Clang 21 on FreeBSD 16.0-CURRENT on my machine. My C skills are getting
rusty from not being used at least since 2023, but I think that due to
alignment the size could be still 696 even though the type is longer now. There
is no structure packing in <MagickCore/statistic.h> so there should still be
room for the doubles now used, I guess.

I believe the rebuild cost is negligible compared to the correctness.

-- 
You are receiving this mail because:
You are the assignee for the bug.

Reply via email to