Graham Perrin <grahamper...@freebsd.org> wrote:

> <https://docs.freebsd.org/en/articles/committers-guide/#_other_suggestions>
> suggests:
>
> make lint
>
> I tried it whilst at /usr/src and at /usr/doc
>
> In both cases,
>
> > make: don't know how to make lint. Stop
> > …
>
> What am I missing?

LINT files are no longer created. Someone needs to prod the doc. team.

>From /usr/src/UPDATING:

20200923:
        LINT files are no longer generated. We now include the relevant NOTES
        files. Note: This may cause conflicts with updating in some cases.
                find sys -name LINT\* -delete
        is suggested across this commit to remove the generated LINT files.

        If you have tried to update with generated files there, the svn
        command you want to un-auger the tree is
                cd sys/amd64/conf
                svn revert -R .
        and then do the above find from the top level. Substitute 'amd64'
        above with where the error message indicates a conflict.

Cheers, Jamie