On Monday, 9 January 2012 20:19:48 Chuck Burns wrote:
> On 01/09/12 12:17, David Naylor wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > Packages [1] for wine-fbsd64-1.3.36 have been uploaded to mediafire [2].
> >
> > There are many reports that wine does not work with a clang compiled
> > world (help in fixing this problem is appreciated as it affects quite a
> > few users).
> >
> > The patch [3] for nVidia users is now included in the package and is run
> > on installation (if the relevant files are accessable).  Please read the
> > installation messages for further information.
> >
> > Regards,
> >
> > David
> >
> > [1]
> >
> >    MD5 (freebsd8/wine-fbsd64-1.3.36,1.tbz) =
> >    019cdde0ff7fad7dc877ed1e3bc3c481 MD5
> >    (freebsd9/wine-fbsd64-1.3.36,1.txz) =
> >    7fe1bbd75c8c6af1d3fe6f0a03841fa2
> >
> > [2] http://www.mediafire.com/wine_fbsd64
> > [3] The patch is located at /usr/local/share/wine/patch-nvidia.sh
>
> Have you put any thought into getting both wine and wine64 (for Wow64
> apps) working?  There have been more than a few people hopping onto IRC
> asking about wine64 (full 64bit wine)

I wasn't aware of WoW64 (and how it will make my packages redundent :->).  I
see there are two wiki pages:
 + http://wiki.winehq.org/Wine64
 + http://wiki.winehq.org/Wine64ForPackagers

The latter makes this statement "Wine 64bit works at the moment only on
Linux." which would indicate that, at this stage, FreeBSD is precluded.  That,
however, is just my speculation.

To answer your question directly, I have put no thought or effort into wine64.