I experience this strange problem (1.5.13 is the only version I tried).

I am trying to install python 2.6 using msi installer:
wine msiexec /i ~/python-2.6.msi
and this installs it into the current folder, not into c:/Python2.6 as it should be.

I ran the similar command (with various versions of python) many times. First they were getting installed into the proper folder (under c:/). But later msiexec stopped asking any questions and just drops all files into the current folder. Same problem with other .msi installers.

This might not be BSD specific. I am reporting it because this is a failure of a basic command that many are likely to run.

In addition texts in window displayed by msiexec have messed up characters (wrong fonts?). Not sure why, but I see this across many programs ran by wine, digitaleditions would be another example.

Yuri