Hi,

I just joined this list because of a problem I am facing creating Linux
virtual machines with VirtualBox.

While my Windows VM can connect to the internet smoothly, any Linux VM
fails to ping the internet - not even 8.8.8.8

I use NAT for all my VM's under (VirtualBox VM ->) Settings -> Network.

My /boot/loader.conf has 'vboxdrv_load=YES' while my /etc/rc.conf has
'vboxnet_enable=YES'.

My box has a single ethernet card (Realtek chipset) that shows up as re0.

re0 connects directly to a modem using static IP configuration.

If anyone could be kind enough to point out where the problem lies, I
shall much appreciate the same.

If any further information from me is needed, I shall gladly provide it.

--
Thank you & Regards,
Manish Jain