That requires more than just CPU hardware support.  Unlike what you think at the hardware level there is no such thing as "nested virtualization" instead each virtual session is separate the OS and CPU just keep track of what session is tied to what other session.   Sort of like trained monkeys juggling colored balls. Amazing to look at but nothing really special going on there.

Since it works for you with Windows or Linux, use those OSes.  I sort of think it's the ultimate "up yours, Microsoft" to use a Windows OS as nothing more than a platform to virtualize Linux sessions that you are doing the actual work in LOL.  I mean, everyone and their dog has an OS now that can run virtual sessions it's nothing special anymore nor does it show any real cleverness in OS development to write an OS that can virtualize other OSes.

The fact you are virtualizing at ALL is a knock against the host OS as it's basically an admission that the host OS does not have what it takes to get the work done so you have to go to the trouble of creating a virtual guest with a REAL os in it.

Ted