Johannes Totz via freebsd-geom wrote this message on Thu, Sep 02, 2021 at 21:55
+0100:
> (looks like gmane swallowed my 1st message, trying again)
>
> Hey folks,
>
> any ggate or hastd users here? I've got some code reviews for you.
> Please take a look if you get a chance:
>
> https://reviews.freebsd.org/D31727
> Fix potential out-of-bounds read in the geom-gate kernel module.
>
> https://reviews.freebsd.org/D31722
> Dynamically alloc buffers in ggatec, instead of assuming a fixed size on
> the stack.
>
> https://reviews.freebsd.org/D31709
> Simple rc script to start ggated.

I'll try to look at them.

I've broken out the ggate code to: https://www.funkthat.com/gitea/jmg/ggate

and have a number of fixes in that tree, one of them being having the
server (ggated) be multi-threaded, to improve IOPs.  Another is dropping
the setting of tcp buffer sizes to allow the dynamic buffer sizing code
to work, allowing it to grow larger than 128kB for better perf on high
latency links..

In another branch, I have a version that runs the client over ssh using
sftp (requires a modified sftp-server for best performance, and security)
allowing for better security..

The ssh branch does have an rc.d script for that.  I'll look at which one
should be used, and adapting the man page that I've written for that one
as well.

Thanks for the help/work!

--
  John-Mark Gurney                              Voice: +1 415 225 5579