In message <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> John Polstra writes:
: I would say it is not _acceptable_.  The code shouldn't go into our
: source tree until the known buffer overflow problems have been fixed.
: It's just stupid to add buffer overflow problems to a program that is
: always run as root.

With my security officer hat on, I would *VETO* inclusion of any
buffer overflows that have been pointed out and that the author has
been too stuborn to fix.

Warner