I am struggling through understanding device drivers under freebsd.  I have
nice book and linux device drivers and some older ones on the UNIX device
drivers but nothing seems to match perfectly with freebsd... So stay tuned for
more questions....

Correct me if I am wrong...  After reading the insanely small device drivers
tutorial from the FBSD web page I see that the functionality of the select
system call was moved from d_select() in 2.2 kernels to d_poll() in 3.x which
now supports the select() and poll() system calls.  My question is really one
of usage.  Why would one us poll() over select()?  Is select eventually going
to go away for some reason?

Thanks,
Wayne