On Tue, 6 Jul 1999, Kenneth D. Merry wrote:

> IMO, DVD drives are probably best handled through the CD driver, and
> Optical drives are probably best handled through the DA driver.  The
> CD driver doesn't currently handle writes, but it's a one-line fix to
> change that.

>From what I can tell, some of the DVD-RAM drives are actually treated as
disks (would use the da driver).  For example, check out
http://mpeg.openprojects.net/panasonic.html to see the Linux "driver" for
the Panasonic LF-D100.  The comments outnumber the code.

> I'd like to hear what your rationale for a separate driver is, though.

- alex

I thought felt your touch
In my car, on my clutch
But I guess it's just someone who felt a lot like I remember you.
  - Translator