On Sun, 11 Jul 1999, Warner Losh wrote:

> In message <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> "Brian F.
>Feldman" writes:
> : Good idea. I'll have it check to see that it's a regular file.
>
> Make sure that you do this with the stat, open, fstat interlocking so
> that there isn't a race here.

I have this fixed in my latest code (on freefall of course). I did not
use an original stat because that's pointless, as it adds another race
condition. The only downside to my approach is that if it's a symlink
to a dev, the dev can get opened/closed, and d_open/d_close be called.

> Warner

 Brian Fundakowski Feldman      _ __ ___ ____  ___ ___ ___
 [EMAIL PROTECTED]                   _ __ ___ | _ ) __|   \
     FreeBSD: The Power to Serve!        _ __ | _ \._ \ |) |
       http://www.FreeBSD.org/              _ |___/___/___/