I sent this to multimedia about a week ago and didn't get a response
so I'm trying it here [hackers & hardware] (with minor mods):

I'm setting up a new machine that has onboard sound in the form of an
ES1373 Creative (Ensoniq, probably).  Visual config shows an unknown
device as ES0 and pcm0 doesn't find anything (tried various forms in
the kernel config for that one, the last one was/is:

device  pcm0

Is there any driver for this chip?  Under windows it uses the SoundBlaster
AudioPCI 64V driver.  So far I haven't found any specs on Creative's or
Ensoniq's website.  Can someone shed some light on possibly adapting the
pcm driver to this chip (like how to ID, etc.) ?

Vince.
Vince Vielhaber -- KA8CSH   email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]   flame-mail: /dev/null
       # include <std/disclaimers.h>                   TEAM-OS2