In message <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Brian McGroarty writes:
: So do the old and new Playstation models. The MIPS core is being
: manufactured by several companies: IDT alone has something like
: a dozen variants available with and without MMU, FP, 5000 vs
: 10000 core, etc. and is in far wider use than in just PCs and
: gaming consoles. I doubt if SGI machines abandoning MIPS
: processors would put much of a dent in MIPS' profitability.

NEC also makes about a dozen.  Although they aren't stupid enough to
make any without MMUs :-)  I really don't like the IDT 4650, can you
tell...

Warner