The WaveLan card suddenly comes to mind...

Are the ethernet drivers time dependent? If I take a ethernet card
[ed(4)] and change the crystal for something slower, assuming I can
still get the card to work correctly (albiet slower) will it still
interact properly with the ed(4) driver, or do I need to look at
tweaking the kernel? In other words, can the ed(4) driver work with
ethernet cards running at speeds other than 10 MHz?

I know there are drivers for the WaveLan card, but I'm looking at going
even slower (256Kb!).
--
Kris Kirby
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>