* From: Jonathan Lemon <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

 * What I want is a simple new readable sysctl, something like:
 *
 *      hw.clockrate:           132
 *
 * I think that this would be useful both for development (how fast
 * is that stupid machine down in the bunker?),  and system admininstration
 * (who needs a cpu upgrade this year?).

I like that.

 * Doing this for Pentium and better systems should be trivial.  Doing
 * it for 486 and lower would just add a timing loop.  Doing it for SMP
 * would be harder.
 *
 *      hw.cpu0.clockrate:      233
 *      hw.cpu1.clockrate:      233
 *
 * Possibly?  The implementer gets to pick a better name than these.

How about

hw.clockrate.cpu0:      233
hw.clockrate.cpu1:      233

(cpu0 only for uni-procs, of course).