In message <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> Kevin Day writes:
: No, I'm working on adding support for PCI based non-winmodems. Modems that
: still have a 16550 based uart interface to them, but just happen to sit on
: the PCI bus. I'm not at all planning on writing support for winmodems, just
: making sio.c understand UARTs on the PCI bus.
:
: There *are* PCI modems out there that aren't winmodems, they're just hard to
: find. 3Com makes one, as well as a few other companies.

SIO doesn't support anything but isa attachments right now.  Its probe
and attach routines need to be corrected to not be ISA specific.

Warner