Following through on something that Doug mentioned, I ran into this
very worthwhile discussion of the BSD and BSD-like licenses.  I would
commend this to anyone that's ever been even vaguely interested in
licenses, as it puts a number of issues very well.

  http://gel.urstudios.com/rationale.html

--
\\  The mind's the standard       \\  Mike Smith
\\  of the man.                   \\  [EMAIL PROTECTED]