:
:Matthew Dillon wrote:
:>
:>     What it all comes down to is a juxtaposition of what people believe
:>     is appropriate verses what people are actually willing to code up.
:>     I'm willing to code up my importance mechanism idea.  The question is
:>     whether it's a good enough idea to throw into the tree.
:
:I think it's a good idea. It lets the admin introduce bias in the
:system to protect people/processes who are more likely to use huge
:amount of memory. Alas, taking the swap space into account in
:addition to RSS seems more important to me. But then, I'm happy with
:the way things are right now.
:
:--
:Daniel C. Sobral                       (8-DCS)

    I'm going to implement and commit this idea into -CURRENT unless someone
    screams.  I think it would be an excellent base on top of which future
    sohpistication can be added.

                                                -Matt