I sincerely apologize to all the super patient people who depended on me
for the delivery of an i2o subsystem and a DPT Generation V support with
it.

People, I stood you up and I am sorry for it.

Excuse:  I have been rather sick and my hands full with other health
issues in
         my family.  Since my last progress report I was in the hospital
one
         more time for a Thyroid surgery.  A tumor the size of my fist
was
         removed and a nasty scar left in its place.  In addition, two
of my
         daughters (Sara and Noelle) had surgery too (we are a knify
type of a
         family here :-).  In addition, I switched jobs at work and
started a
         highly prioritized and complex project.  It sucked up any free
cycles
         I had.  Much of the project will be released under BSD type
license
         and many of you will be rather pleased with it.

Future:  I would still like, very much, to complete this project.  I
actually
         got some time from work to spend on finishing the driver.  This
is what
         I am doing now.  IF anyone can and is willing to help me with
coding
         and testing, please let me know.  Things are a bit early for
just
         ``PnP'', as the code is not in any shape to actually boot with,
etc.

urgency in
            2.2 was solved by Mark (from DPT) and I think the 3 branch
is more
            viable for most of us.  It compiles cleanly.
         *  I am setting up a test machine (Lost 2 of them when I had to
return
            to my previous boss the Alphas I was using).  Will be done
in about
            two hours.
         *  Last I visited the code it was doing all the initialization
            correctly and also doing READ operations from raw disks
without a
            hitch.
         *  I am still in the dark a bit IRT to disklabel & Co.  Mike
Smith
            patched some code in for me (thanx again!) but it still
panics the
            system.  I could use some help again.
         *  Much of the PCI code has changed from 2.2 (as if you did not
know
            that :-) but I will find out today how it does.
         *  The IOCTL for the dptmgr still has to be worked in.  I have
the code
            from DPT, so it is just a matter of getting to do it.

Again, sorry for the endless delays and another promise to try and
finish this
project.

--

Sincerely Yours,                 [EMAIL PROTECTED]
                                             404.644.6401

Unwritten code has no bugs and executes at twice the speed of mouth

S/MIME Cryptographic Signature