:>
:>     Try using a smaller block size, like 16K.  If that doesn't work then just
:>     stick with 8K I guess.  The kernel's clustering code should still make it
:>     reasonably efficient.
:
:Yeah, I guess that's the only way to do it on 3.x... But how can I speed
:up fsck then, since newfs will create millions of inodes I don't need
:which will cause fsck to run for ages...
:
:Andrzej Bialecki

    The problem should only be effected by the blocksize (-b) specification.

    Adjusting the bytes-per-inode (-i) specification in newfs should not
    pose a problem.

                                        -Matt
                                        Matthew Dillon
                                        <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>