I wrote:
> >   Looking for where "utmp.h" is used:
> >
> >       global -x -s utmp.h
> >
> >   This takes more than 2212 seconds (over 36 minutes!), and outputs
>
> It seems that something wrong (bug?) occurred.
> Would you please tell me the version of FreeBSD and GLOBAL?

A structural problem was found in GLOBAL.
I will optimize it. Thanks Darryl for his report.

[work around]
When you use regular expressions, please put prefix '^' to it like:

        global -x -s '^utmp.h'

'.' is a regular expression which means any character.
So, 'utmp.h' will match with 'aaautmpbhccc'. The '^' enables global to
use index effectively.
--
Shigio Yamaguchi - Tama Communications Corporation
Mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED], WWW: http://www.tamacom.com